Cooking Tips: Pantry Essentials
The pantry is one of the most important areas of the kitchen. It’s where you keep your food, after all. But what should you have in your pantry? Here are some tips to help you stock your pantry with the essentials.
What to keep in your pantry
A pantry is a room in a house where food and drink are stored. In ancient times, pantries were used to store weapons and ammunition. Today, pantries are usually found in the kitchen, near the dining room or living room.
A pantry can be as small as a cupboard or large enough to be a walk-in closet. Ideally, a pantry should have enough space to store all of the food and drink that a family needs for at least two weeks.
There are a few essentials that every pantry should have. Let’s explore some pantry staples in more detail.
- Food items: There are a few food items that you can keep in the pantry to help with cooking. One is olive oil. Another item to have on hand is canned tomatoes as they can be used in sauces, stews, and chili. And finally, it’s always good to have some pasta on hand. Pasta is a versatile ingredient that can be used in several different dishes.
- Spices: Spices are essential in any kitchen. They add flavor to food and can elevate a dish from good to great. Some spices that you should always have in your pantry are salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. These spices are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of delicious ways.
- Seasonings: Seasonings are a must-have in any pantry. They can add flavor to any dish and make it more enjoyable to eat. Seasonings can also help you cut down on the amount of salt you use, which is important for people with high blood pressure or other health concerns.
- Condiments: There are a variety of different condiments that can be used to add flavor to food. Some common condiments include ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce. It is a good idea to keep these condiments in the pantry so that they are readily available when you need them.
- Non-food items: There are also a few non-food items that you’ll need for cooking. One is kitchen utensils, like pots and pans. Another is baking equipment, like a KitchenAid, large mixing bowls, and metal trays. Keeping these items in your pantry ensures that you can find them easily in a hurry.
How to organize your pantry
A pantry is a great place to store food and other items. However, it can be difficult to keep it organized. Here are some tips to help you organize your pantry:
- Start by sorting the items in your pantry into categories. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for.
- Place the most-used items in easily accessible places. This will make it easier to cook meals.
- Store large items on the bottom shelf and place smaller items on top. This will help you save space in your pantry.
- Use baskets or bins to store items. This will keep them organized and easy to find.
- Label the baskets or bins so you know what is inside of them. This will save you time when you are looking for an item.
What do you keep in your pantry?
Pantries are an essential part of any kitchen. They not only provide a place to store your food, but they can also serve as a focal point if kept tidy. When you’re considering what type of pantry layout is best for your space, it may be helpful to consider how many people will be using the pantry on a daily basis, what types of food you’ll be storing, and how much space you have to work with.